Radiation Safety Specialist
- Provide technical support to the Radiation Safety Officer. Act as a backup to the Radiation Safety Officer in their absence.
- Conduct independent analyses of engineering materials used in Industrial Gauging applications, not limited to butincluding, chemical compatibility, susceptibility to corrosion, and the general suitability of materials in special applications.
- Conduct engineering evaluations of transport and shielding devices designed to contain radioactive material and provide guidance to the design and manufacturing groups as needed to improve performance.
- Represent the Company in State and federally licensed training activities; requires an assessment of customer conditions and determining applicability of regulations.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers over the phone or through site visits. Act as an engineering resource providing support to external Consulting Services. Up to 25% travel.
- Supervise/assist as needed; disposal efforts, source recycling, repairs and preparation of radioactive material shipments.
- Make recommendations for investment in Process, Training, and Equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job is available at the following location(s):