VEGA Americas manufactures, distributes, and services process instrumentation to measure level, density, weight, and pressure. Our products have been making industrial processes safer and more efficient for over 60 years.
As an employee, you’ll find VEGA Americas commits itself to the highest quality standards and respect for the individual needs of employees, customers, vendors, and shareholders. Don’t take it from us alone, VEGA was awarded 2018’s Top Workplace, Midsize Company Division through the Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Workplace survey.
What you’ll do:
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs. Provides remote and on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Submits complete service reports for customer invoicing. Submit expense reports within guidelines of company policy.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Develop service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product.
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Conducts training on Radiation Safety and the safe operation of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
What you'll need:
- Associate's degree in electrical engineering technology or equivalent;
- AND 2+ related experience including a strong electrical background with understanding of basic AC/DC circuits, ability to use basic electrical/electronic tools, such as volt and current meters, and proficient in the use of the basic functions of Microsoft Office;
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years experience in previous employment as a Field Service Technician with an instrument manufacturer serving the process industry or as an Instrument Technician within the process industry.
- Understanding of digital process control protocols: Modbus, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, and HART protocols are a plus.
- Understanding Electronic communications such as: RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, and IIC Bus
VEGA Americas, Inc. provides a competitive salary and a full benefit package with Health, company HSA contribution, Dental, Life, and Disability benefits available on day one. Our 401(k) plan can help you reach your financial and retirement goals through flexible investment options and a company match. Other perks include 100% paid parental leave, tuition assistance, a casual dress code, an annual company picnic, holiday luncheon, volunteer opportunities, flex hours, training opportunities, and depending on the job the ability to work from home one day per week.
VEGA Americas, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.
This position will work from our offices located in North York, Ontario.